I give permission for the participant to participate in Atlantic Challenge USA programs, and to be transported by boat, car, bus, airplane, or train in connection with Atlantic Challenge USA activities, by Atlantic Challenge USA personnel or volunteers in their own or other vehicles.I understand that there is a risk of serious injury or death when the participant is transported by boat, car, bus, airplane, or train, in connection with the program. I give permission to Atlantic Challenge USA personnel to give the participant first aid and CPR in accordance with their training and to seek medical attention if needed.
I understand that all activities are subject to inherent and dangerous risks, including but not limited to: sudden changes in weather, wind, and waves; unexpected motion of the vessel, slippery and uneven decks; tripping hazards; pinching of and damaging body parts, including possible breaks, and dismemberments, blows to the head, hyperthermia or hypothermia; falling in the water which is very cold; and capsize; instability getting in and out of boats; and hazards on the docks, or other areas adjacent to the boating area; collision with other boats, or fixed objects, and mistakes in handling of boats and equipment, which may cause bodily injury or dismemberment, or death.
The Undersigned, on behalf of their minor child, does hereby acknowledge the inherent risk of participating in activities, events, and programs organized or sponsored by Atlantic Challenge USA. The Undersigned assumes full risk for death, property damage or bodily injury as the result of the Undersigned's minor child(ren)'s participation in any of Atlantic Challenge USA's activities, events, and programs.
I give permission for Atlantic Challenge USA and others to use photographs, audio, and video of the above-named minor participating in Atlantic Challenge USA activities for publicity, news releases, and other purposes related to Atlantic Challenge USA.
Note: If you are not comfortable with our use of media in which your child appears, you are not required to sign this release. However, it greatly helps Atlantic Challenge USA if you sign this release, as it enables us to share our good work and mission with others who are interested.
Community Code of Conduct:
1. All participants will treat each other, staff, and visitors with consideration and kindness.
2. There will be no consumption of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco during the program.
3. No romantic relationships shall begin during the program.
1. For any program over 72 hours long, adults over 18, including staff, agree to participate in a background check provided by Atlantic Challenge USA.
2. There will be no one-on-one alone time between an adult and a minor.
3. There will be no photographing or filming where privacy is most needed: while changing clothes, inside tents and sleeping areas, or in bathrooms, and showering areas.
4. Sleeping: Solo tenting is welcome and encouraged. Any tent sharing will be established and made known to the instructors and program coordinator before the start of the program. Parents/Guardians must sign off on minors sharing a tent before the program. Minors sharing a tent must be no more than two years apart, unless the minor is sharing a tent with their parent, legal guardian or sibling. In the case that the entire crew is sleeping on the boat, or in a single room together in a building, at least two instructors will be present. Communal sleeping areas will be set up to establish distinctive, and as separate as possible, areas for adult participants and minors to sleep.
Please let us know through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if there are other gear items on the packing list which you don't have and would like to borrow. We may have extra sleeping bags, sleeping pads, and rain jackets.
We will provide lifejackets (personal flotation devices), toilet paper, soap, food, water, and safety items: first aid kits, communication devices, etc.